The Pacific Club is an exclusive historic social club in Downtown Honolulu. The Club has an award-winning wine collection featured in our dining venues and exclusive member events. The Club is seeking an experienced, polished Sommelier to manage the daily activities necessary to maintain and promote The Pacific Club's wine collection and program
Responsible for the development and management of The Pacific Clubs wine program to include evening wine service in the various ala carte and banquet outlets, maintaining the wine list, wines of the month and cruvinet wines. Coordinating wine ordering and service at wine dinners, pop-up events and Club functions. The Sommelier is responsible for inventory, pricing and cost of sales management. He/she also works closely with the Clubs Wine Committee on the selection, storage, service and pricing of wines and hosts wine tastings to acquaint members with selections from the Club's cellar. The Sommelier must have a engaging personality and be able to communicate with members and guests that might share different levels of wine knowledge in order to promote and grow the wine program. The Sommelier must have a persona that reflects the established image of a premier private Club.
- Responsible for ordering, receiving, inventory, organizing and selling wine for all departments
- Oversee all wine purchases and cost management
- Maintain organization, temperature, barcodes and bins in the wine cellar
- Assist members with wine recommendations and selections in all ala carte outlets during dinner service Tuesday thru Friday nights. Weekends and holidays required as business dictates
- Maintain wine list and suggested pairings for menu items
- Monthly inventory and ordering through Clearsky program
- Work effectively with the Controller on monthly inventory
- Attend weekly food and beverage meetings
- Coordinate the Wine Committee Meetings with the Wine Chair (including cellar tastings, wines of the month, introduction of new vendors/wineries, inventory recap, etc)
- Work with the Clubs head mixologist to coordinate the bar program in conjunction with wine and craft cocktails/beer.
- Work with the Clubs catering department to order banquet wines and special requests/pairings
- Hold pre-meal meeting with servers to ensure a smooth, efficient service; assign service stations and coordinate the timing of the courses.
- Floor presence and service during dinner service in all ala carte outlets
- Inspect and maintain all equipment /glassware
- Resolve member/ guest complaints.
- Overseeing and maintaining daily operational details of the Card Room Bar
- Ensure that all safety, accident and emergency policies and procedures are in place and consistently followed.
- Help select, train, supervise and evaluate service staff.
- Develop wine training program to educate service staff and improve their knowledge of wine and conduct monthly wine tastingfor wines of the month
- Inspect service areas to ensure proper maintenance, cleanliness and safety.
- Staying current with industry trends & innovations while suggesting and presenting well thought adjustments and improvements as necessary. Assist the service staff in delivering the best service possible.
- Ensure that all equipment has been cleaned and put in the proper areas.
- Hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, motivating and coaching employees in the Card Room Bar
- Enforce established rules, regulations and policies.
- Assist in all venues to ensure extraordinary service for our members and guests.
Please forward all inquiries to:
The Pacific Club
1451 Queen Emma St
Honolulu, HI 96813